Allen Cliff

Contains information of ex FESR who have crossed the bar and allows for details, service info etc and a photo. Please only add information to this forum with permission of the families involved. A entry will be added to the main website Vale page when the details are Emailed directly to the WEBMASTER.
LEST WE FORGET

Allen Cliff

Postby phpadmin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:31 am

Vale - Allen Cliff 1/10/1928 - 4/6/2017 89 yrs and member of the SA/NT FESR Association.

Born South Australia and enlisted in the RAN 12/3/1946 completing 12 years of service
DEE 7/3/1958
Allen served in the following HMA Ships and shore establishments: Cerberus, Kuttabul (Hawksbury), Penguin (Platypus), Shropshire, Kanimbla, HMS Glory, Sydney, Lonsdale (S.I.R.), Lonsdale (Burdekin), Anzac, Tobruk, Watson, Torrens then shore.

Your problems and health are now at ease as you join many shipmates you had during your service who have gone before. Farewell as you now enter the kingdom of the Great Mariner.

There was a silence all around the throne
Where the saints had often trod
As the Navy Man waited quietly
For the judgement of his God
'Step forward now, you Sailor
You've born your burdens well
Walk peacefully on Heavens streets
You've done your time in hell

Les
FESR Admin/Webmaster
==
“It is with deep regret that I have to advise you of the passing of our shipmate Allen Cliff – R29570.

Allen Crossed the Bar on Sunday 4th June.
Allen served in the RAN from March 1946 until March 1958. He was an Able Seaman Gunnery rate and saw service in both Korea and the FESR. He served in HMA Ships Hawkesbury, Shropshire, Kanimbla Sydney, Burdekin, Anzac and Tobruk and HMS Glory.
On completion of his naval career, Alan joined the South Australian Police Force and served with distinction from 1958 – 1988, retiring as a Sergeant.
On behalf of you all, I extend our deepest sympathies and condolences to Alan’s wife Eunice and their two sons.
Allen’s funeral will be held at Harrison’s Funeral Parlour at Golden Grove on Tuesday 13th June at 1000.
May you be blessed with calm waters and gentle breezes on your final voyage.

Doug Haskings
FESR SA/NT President.
phpadmin
Site Admin

Return to Crossed the Bar