Tom Edwards (FESR SA/NT Div)

This is to assist the Welfare people in their important role. When you know or hear of others with medical problems or confined to hospital then enter brief info here if their is no objections by the person involved or their family.

Tom Edwards (FESR SA/NT Div)

Postby phpadmin » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:37 am

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your kind words and messages of support about Tom. (Thomas Edwards - Member of FESR SA/NT Division)
Tom fell and hit his head on the corner of the kitchen cupboard. Bleeding and bruising in both the frontal lobal area and behind his right ear. Fractured skull behind right ear. Serious injury and in intensive care for few days. Now each day some small improvement. Physically he is walking to shower etc with help. Very sleepy all time. Mentally alert in bursts and other times confused and agitated. Dr happy with progress so far but he has said it will take some time to full recovery.
Only family members are allowed in the ward area where Tom is recovering.
Many of you are unknown to our family so I hope this and the previous email have been sent to the appropriate people. Tom's email address book is filed under nicknames!!
On behalf of Tom I will reply to all your emails, messages and phone calls but I may take a little while to do so. I pass them all onto Tom but he does not remember completely but told me to record the messages as he would reply when he gets back home.
Thank you again.
Kind regards,
Kathy Edwards

Message posted by Les (Webmaster)
May you have a speedy and full recovery Tom
phpadmin
Site Admin

Re: Tom Edwards (FESR SA/NT Div)

Postby phpadmin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:35 am

Message from Tom's wife Kathy

Hi everyone.
Just updating you all on Tom's progress.
Tom has recovered exceptionally well with no apparent after effects from his brain injury and fractured skull.
All the medical people can not believe how lucky he has been to escape any permanent damage.
Also there is not a mark on him to indicate anything has happened.
He has been advised that he will be discharged from the Rehabilitation Centre on Friday 5 February.
Then once he is home it will be "rest and recovery" to gradually build up his energy and strength again.
Doctors have said that these injuries may take up to 6-12 months to fully recover.
Somehow Tom will now have to manage to do as he has been told by doctors!!
So it is good news at last.
Thank you everybody for your kind words and support over the past 7 weeks.
Sincere appreciation and regards,
Kathy Edwards
=============

Les
Webmaster
phpadmin
Site Admin

Return to Sick Bay